Portuguese Golden Visa offers investors temporary residency in Portugal, which can over time, qualify them for a permanent residency permit, and ultimately for citizenship. By investing in the Portuguese Golden Visa, the investor and his/her family members can use this unique programme to become fully-fledged European Union citizens in 6 -7 years.
The investor can qualify for a Portuguese Golden Visa either through investing in any Portuguese real estate or by investing in specific financial instruments or through achieving job creation targets.
- Investment in Real Estate
- Minimum investment contribution: EUR 500,000* in any real estate
- Minimum investment contribution: EUR 350,000 * for real estate that is older the 30 years or located in an urban regeneration area
- Investment in financial instruments
- Minimum investment contribution: EUR 1,000,000*
- Job creation targets
- Create at least 10 new jobs
*due diligence & application fees would apply
- Visa-free travel inside Schengen Area
- Great opportunity for tax planning
- Physical residency only 7 days per year
- Family members may obtain residency with main applicant
- Eligible to apply for EU citizenship after 6 years
- Investments must be retained for at least 5 years
- Medical insurance is required for all applicants and their dependents.
- Absence of sanctions and restrictions or prohibitions to entry into the EU, USA, UK and Canada
- Excellent personal and business reputation.
- Ability to confirm the legality of the source of income and available capital.
- Good health.
Who can obtain residency in Portugal with the main applicant?
- The spouse
- Children under the age of 18
- Dependent children regardless of age
- Dependent parent and grandparents