Greece is one of the European countries that offers the opportunity to obtain the “golden visa” — in other words, to acquire a Greek permanent residency permit for investors via property acquisition.
Greece launched its programme in 2014. You are not required to be resident in Greece before or after the permit is issued. The Greek Golden Visa is valid for 5 years and is further continuously renewed for 5-year periods.
- Investment in Real Estate
- Minimum investment contribution: EUR 250,000*
*due diligence & application fees would apply
- Visa-free travel inside Schengen Area
- Possible tax planning benefits
- The spouse, dependent children up to the age of 23, dependent parents and grandparents of the main applicant or his/her spouse may apply for the residence permit
- All family members may obtain the residency within 2-3 months
- No requirement to reside in Greece before or after residence permit is issued
- Only one visit to Greece required
- Only one visit to Greece required for the permit to be issued
- Applicant needs to prove proof of sufficient income to sustain him/her and his/her dependents
- Approximately 10% of the value of the property is payable for the real estate sale and purchase agreement
- Medical insurance is required for all applicants and their dependents.
- Absence of sanctions and restrictions or prohibitions to entry into the EU, USA, UK and Canada
- Excellent personal and business reputation.
- Ability to confirm the legality of the source of income and available capital.
- Good health.
Who can obtain residency in Greece with the main applicant?
- The spouse
- Children under the age of 18
- Children over the age of 18 but are under 23 years old, are studying at university and are fully supported by the main applicant
- Parents or grandparents of the main applicant or his spouse, who are living with the main applicant and are fully supported by the main applicant